Friday, 23 May 2014

A brilliant flash and a loud bang!

CloudsFor a second I didn't have a clue what was going on. There was a brilliant flash and a very loud bang! The room I was in was brightly illuminated, even though the curtains were closed and the flash came from outside. It turned out to be the opening salvo in a brief, but intense, thunder storm.

Like many people, I'm sometimes count between a lightning flash and the following clap of thunder to calculate the distance of the strike. So, given that the two things were simultaneous in this case, I'd have to say it was incredibly close! This incident happened the other day but I have heard lightning and thunder simultaneously once before. On that occasion I actually saw the lightning hit, just 50m or so away!


The fact that there had been no prior warning, like some rain or thunder for example, is what made this incident mysterious, initially. Although lightning is not an anomalous phenomenon, it can, as in this case, sometimes present itself in an unfamiliar way that can lead to misinterpretation. I have to admit, when I saw the room illuminated from the outside by a brilliant white flash, I was immediately reminded of a scene from a UFO movie. In so many anomaly reports, the cause turns out to be something natural but experienced in an unfamiliar way. Or something natural that the witness has simply never experienced before. It is the unfamiliarity that is key - it's what the xenonormal is all about.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment