Monday, 20 October 2014

Is seeing the famous normal?

Crows in a treeRegular readers will be aware that I appear to spot more famous people than might seem normal. I spotted another, an actor, just the other day. Indeed, I've seen 5 since I first mentioned it in January last year. That gives an average of 0.23 celebrities a month which I suspect is rather higher than most people! As I've said before, I don't actively seek out celebrities, nor do I go to places where you might reasonably expect to see them, like expensive restaurants.

The vast majority of famous people I've seen were actors. There were also a few politicians and the odd captain of industry. I think this probably reflects which famous people I would actually recognise. I know what a lot of actors look like but relatively few politicians. A key factor I've noted in these sightings is that the majority are on public transport, particularly trains. That applies to the latest example. I don't actually travel that much on trains so I still might be unusually lucky. I used to commute by train for years and never saw even one celebrities. This is probably because the famous tend not to work office hours. It appears that off peak trains are the best place to look for them.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who regularly sees lots of famous people to compare rates with my 0.23 per month. Is that really as high as it appears?

No comments:

Post a Comment