Thursday, 23 April 2015

Seeing the famous - the rate remains constant!

Crows in a treeRegular readers may recall that I appear to see famous people with remarkable regularity for someone with no contact whatsoever with the rich and famous. Indeed, I worked out that I see, on average, about 0.23 celebrities per month (see here). However, since I did that calculation, I have not seen anyone famous. I have become worried that the average may be declining!

Then, the other day, all was well again. I saw a famous politician. Of course, there is an election going on in the UK right now so seeing famous politicians is not as unusual as it might normally be. Nevertheless, I had still had to be in the right place at the right time. I wasn't seeking out political discourse and I was only there at the right time because I was running very late. I certainly had no idea in advance where the politician was gong to be. Oddly, there was no public transport involved this time.

Interestingly, this latest sighting brings the average to 0.22. Without this latest sighting the average would gave dropped to 0.18! If the average continues at around 0.22 or 0.23 into the future I will really begin to think something paranormal may be going on. I can think of no obvious natural reason why such a rate should remain constant. I suppose there must be a natural background rate for seeing celebrities by chance but I suspect it is lower than 0.23. If anyone has any data on this, or can calculate their own rate, I'd love to hear from them. In the meantime, I'm expecting my next celebrity in around 4 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment