Monday, 17 August 2015

Unlikely prediction comes true

Crows in a treeRegular readers will be aware that I have an apparent tendency to see famous people more often than appears normal. I've no idea what a 'normal' rate is for seeing famous people but 0.23 celebrities per month seems a lot to me. If anyone has any figures for this I'd love to see them. I should emphasize that I see these famous people just in the normal course of everyday living. I do not go out of my way to find celebrities. I don't hang around at places where they might be expected to turn up.

Anyway, here's a quote from this blog (23 April 2015): " I'm expecting my next celebrity in around 4 months! " And here we are, four months later and guess what? Yes, I saw my latest famous person a couple of days ago, just on time! It was a musician and one whose work I happen to play a lot. Most sightings I've had have been on public transport but this one was at a tourist attraction.

The prediction was based solely on the average rate of seeing famous people. I didn't expect it to actually happen just as I'd predicted. Nevertheless, I wrote it and it happened! On its own it is a coincidence, of course. If it happens again, in another four months, it will certainly start to look distinctly spooky.

No comments:

Post a Comment